Prior to orientation, you should have received
- Solicitation and assignment to the Inpatient Neurology experience of your choice.
- Solicitation and assignment to clinics for the 4 weeks.
- A copy of the conference schedule.
- A copy of resident assignments, days on-call and days-off for reading.
Prior to orientation, you should review and prepare
- Neurologic Exam from your Year 2 Practice of Medicine Course
- Guide to the History, Exam, and Oral Presentation
- Neurologic Diagnosis and Localization
- Neurologic Write-up
During orientation, we will cover
- Components and Structure of the Clerkship
- Clerkship Objectives and How These Are Supported
- Which Symptoms and Disorders Should Be Covered by Clerkship Experiences, Didactics and Assigned Reading
- Conference Objectives and Required Preparation
- When and How to Utilize Self-Assessment and Feedback
- Clinic Expectations
- How to Perform the Neurologic Exam
- Performance Analysis Journaling Assignments