This website provides you with vital information about the clerkship, including:
- Orientation presentation and materials
- Clerkship aims, objectives, and expectations
- Conference aims, objectives, preparation, PowerPoint presentations
- Educational tools
- Patient logs
- Policies on call, duty hours, absences
- Feedback and evaluation policy
Core clerkship objectives
- Obtain a detailed and comprehensive medical history, perform a complete and accurate neurological exam, and thoroughly document the history and thought process.
- Learn about neurologic disease from both a broad and patient-centric perspective. Use the medical literature for diagnosis and management.
- Synthesize medical data for localization, a prioritized differential, and plan for evaluation and treatment.
- Present patients concisely and intellectually on rounds, and participate in discussion on diagnosis and disease management.
- Work cohesively to become a valued member of a large health care team.
- Communicate compassionately with your patient and their family to establish trust and coordinate their care.
- Convey dedication, initiative, respect, a positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, personal development and self-improvement.
For all questions regarding the third-year required Neurology Clerkship contact:
Robert T. Naismith, MD
Neurology Clerkship Director