To lead in transforming and improving the lives of people affected by neurological conditions throughout the lifespan, in St. Louis and globally, by providing exceptional patient care, advancing innovative research, and delivering outstanding education.
While upholding the highest standards of ethics, integrity, respect and humanity, the Department of Neurology continues to:
Embody a community of belonging:
- Cultivate excellence and collegiality within a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace by embracing shared values of collaboration, transparent communication and accountability.
- Attract, develop, support and sustain a diverse and talented workforce by creating an engaging, inspiring, safe and meaningful work environment with advancement opportunities across all levels to enhance and support the mission of the department.
Deliver outstanding and compassionate neurological care:
- Improve the lives of patients and their families affected by neurological conditions in the local and global community, including those who are under-resourced or historically minoritized, by leveraging our academic strength and scientific expertise to provide high value, accessible, evidence-based and equitable clinical care.
- Commit to creating a system of care that is sustainable and allows us to support our mission of continuing to provide high-quality care for all patients, especially those who are under-resourced.
Lead in innovative and impactful research:
- Facilitate a collaborative environment that fosters exceptionally creative and ground-breaking discoveries through basic, clinical, translational and population-based research to improve the understanding, prevention, screening and treatment of neurological conditions.
- Facilitate the execution of research by supporting investigators at all levels.
- Provide a supportive environment to increase research workforce diversity, equity and inclusion to ensure that it is reflective of the patient groups we serve locally and globally.
Provide a world class educational environment:
- Train and mentor all department faculty, staff and learners to maximize their growth.
- Encourage and develop future leaders in neurology clinical care, education and research
- Collaborate with the community, locally and globally, to enhance neurology education for current and future care providers and those at risk for and impacted by neurological conditions, including patients, their families and society.