“In my time at WashU, I saw every possible rare, unusual case imaginable. It felt like every week someone would say, ‘Hey we should write that up’ after another unique case came in.”Elizabeth Perelstein, MD, house staff ’20
Assistant Professor, Brown University
As a resident at Washington University, you’ll join a collaborative community of neuroscience physicians and scientists.
- Our categorical program allows you to complete your internship year here, then stay to complete residency training.
- In the clinic, you’ll treat everything — and a lot of it. We draw a large patient population with conditions from the common to the rare and complex.
Learn about our clinical environment »
- Gain clinical expertise with confidence. With our supervised, graded independence, you’ll have decision-making responsibility with appropriate guidance.
- Learn from world-renowned faculty in every neurology subspecialty and all related specialities.
- Join an immense neuroscience community, with 170+ faculty in neurology alone.
- 35 weeks of elective time allow you to pursue clinical or research interests. Fourth year is almost fully elective.
- Choose from fellowships in every subspecialty, if you plan on further training after residency.
Master clinician pathway
Our Master Clinician Pathway provides intensive exposure to wide variety of neurological specialties taught by faculty designated as master clinicians
Diagnostic skills • Use of cutting-edge technology • In-depth understanding of neuropathology and evidence-based medicine
- Mentoring is a priority. Our 170+ faculty are passionate about teaching and committed to your success.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values throughout our missions. We work to ensure everyone is valued and heard.
- We have a culture of family, in which fellow residents become your lifelong friends, and faculty are here to support you.
Are you ready?
Learn more about our application process.